|Exclusive to My Singing Monsters: Dawn of Fire|
The following article includes content exclusive to the game My Singing Monsters: Dawn of Fire.
|“||The Yelmut has fondness for a great many things. Topmost is its yodeling prowess, though its decorative headgear is a close second. Please don't call it a hat; it's a very touchy subject.||”|
|“||Having never taken it off, the adult Yelmut has grown into its ha-... I mean, decorative headgear, now weather-beaten and embellished with exotic designs. Its massive mouth carries its song far and wide... and with such intensity, its decorative headgear is in danger of being displaced!||”|
DescriptionAs a baby, it is a tiny green monster with a red helmet. It has four tiny turtle-like legs and a big, black eye on each side of its body.
Its helmet somewhat resembles a skull, or a Tympa: it is candy-red, with two buck-teeth, nostril holes, and bulging eye slits on the side. It has two feathers on the back, one lavender, one nectarine.
As an adult, they become much taller, sporting a more cylindrical shape. Their body is now bi-segmented, with the bottom section exhibiting a bright shade of cyan, along with turtle-like fins instead of legs. The headgear itself remains roughly the same, although with a more tattered and detailed look.
When this monster is idle, it stays in tempo by repeatedly contracting and erecting itself.
The Yelmut's song is a powerful vocal ensemble consisting of prolonged notes in a loose harmony. On the Continent, it sings "heyoo yay" multiple times.On Cave Island, it sings along with the Glowl. ==Feeding Monsters==
The Yelmut will request food and/or non-food items that are the products of Structures. If you cannot give the monster the food or items it requires, you can click the New Order button. After a 15 minute wait, it will ask for a new combination of foods or other items.
When given the wanted foods or items, like any monster, it will reward you coins.
The Yelmut is bred with a combination of Plant, Cold, Air and Fire. The only possible combinations are:
- Sooza + Tweedle
- Woolabee + Potbelly
- Thumpies + Kayna
- Barrb + Mammott
- Furcorn + Glowl
- Pango + Flowah
- Dandidoo + Boskus
Yelmut can be teleported to Cave Island when fed to level 20 for a reward of 7 at a cost of 15,000 . Teleport time for Yelmut is 40 hours
"Yelmut" appears to be a portmanteau of "yell", and the German name "helmut"; a word that derives from the Germanic elements helm (meaning "helmet", "protection") and muot ("spirit, mind"), which is appropriate, as it represents both their song (yell) and their choice of headgear (helmut).
It could also be from the words "yell", "helmet," and "nut".
- It is the second monster, after the Repatillo, to be mentioned on Facebook and having a naming competition.
- The eleven nicknames given to the Yelmut from the community contest are Yamooka, Natiku, Kanaloa, Tsukasha, Lono, Nahoa, Biiki, Xibalba, Slimeba, Dalagmite, Escargoon. Originally, only ten names were meant to be chosen, but as there was a tie for tenth place, the Monster-Handlers decided to use eleven instead. The results are here.
- The name "Escargoon" is a reference to the character of the same name, from the TV show "Kirby: Right Back At Ya!"
- The Yelmut's bio erroneously refers its singing as "yodeling", despite the fact that "yodeling" is, specifically, "a form of singing or calling marked by rapid alternation between the normal voice and falsetto". At best, the Yelmut slowly alternates between vocal ranges.
- Until the Krillby was release, the adult Yelmut was the only adult four element monster to take up 2*2 blocks of space. Normally, adult 4 element monsters take up 3*3 blocks of space. However, the Adult Krillby also took up 2*2 space. The adult Yelmut, however, is the first to do so.
- The baby Yelmut was the second smallest monster, the first being the baby Furcorn. The title is now yeld by Baby Maw.
- Yelmut, Flum Ox, Krillby, Tring, and Sneyser are currently the only 4-element monsters that are found exclusively in My Singing Monsters: Dawn of Fire.
- The Yelmut's Egg seems to look more like it's adult form. -Despite this, the feathers remain unpainted.
- Yelmut is one of three monsters to wear masks, the other two being Boodoo and Poewk, and Yelmut is the only of the three to sing, and the only one currently in My Singing Monsters: Dawn of Fire.
- In the code, it is referred to as "Fireyodel".
- Since the release of the Barrb and the Pango at Version 1.6.0, it makes the Yelmut the only Quad-Element Dawn of Fire monster to have all seven different combinations to breed such monster.
|Monsters (Dawn of Fire)|