|“||The Yawstrich is a highly specialized monster that can only inhabit the lofty perches of Air Island. Sporting four wings and one solitary leg, it has an innate mastery of balance. Despite these unique traits, the Yawstrich is most easily recognized by the shrill and unmistakable call it makes to announce its presence and communicate with other monsters.||”|
The Yawstrich is a four-winged bird with one leg and spiky hair. Its body is bright pink-red with small orange spikes, its wings and head are pink, and its vulture-like neck and leg are orange. Like G'joob, this hybrid cannot be found on the Mirror Islands. When this Monster is idle, it stays in tempo by dancing and hopping.
The Yawstrich's sound is a loud, repetitive Lo-lo-lee-lo-lo-lai-lo-lo-lee
The Yawstrich is exclusive to the PlayStation Vita version of the game, and cannot be bred on other platforms. The breeding combination is:
The Rare version of any breeding monster can be used instead of the common version. However, Rare monsters are not yet in the PlayStation Vita version.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute. The food per level is the same for all Mythical monsters of the same element count and can be found in this article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster (if not using a Unity Tree), the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing two of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase happiness by 25%. Below are the things liked by Yawstrich:
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Some items to take into consideration when designing your island by strategy are number of beds for the monster, rate of income per bed, max income per bed, and time for max income to be reached.
|Number of Beds||3|
|Rate of Income High||168|
|Rate of Income Low||84|
|Rate of Income per Bed High||56|
|Rate of Income per Bed Low||28|
|Max Income per Bed||11,424|
|Time to Max Income @ High||3:24 hours|
|Time to Max Income @ Low||6:48 hours|
The Yawstrich's Name is a pun on Ostrich, and the yelling sound it produces.
- Yawstrich was released alongside the G'joob on August 12, 2014 as exclusive content in PlayStation Vita platform version of My Singing Monsters.
- Yawstrich looks very much in sound, name and appearance to Screemu, since both are based on ratites.
- The Yawstrich is loud, unlike the G'joob (the other Mythical Monster)
- The Yawstrich has 1 foot, similar to the Candelavra.
- Mythical monsters are the only monsters that like the PlayStation Vita exclusive decorations.
- The Yawstrich is the only monster besides Dipsters on Air Island to have an 1 x 1 space.
- The Yawstrich cannot be placed on Gold Island at Level 15 nor can be teleported anywhere.
- Yawstrich oddly has a longer breeding/incubation time than G’joob.
- Big Blue Bubble signed a contract with Sony only permitting Yawstrich to be on PS Vita, it won't ever be on other devices.
- ↑ PS Vita exclusives to remain exclusive, Big Blue Bubble - Extra Life 2018 - Part 1 video @ 3h53m
Rare Double Element
Rare Triple Element