Thumpies is an rhythm-based game that had provided the main basis of the My Singing Monsters franchise. It had been released on February 2010. Thumpies is set in the Thumpiesverse, a universe distinct from the Monster World. Some features of Thumpies has been incorporated into the game My Singing Monsters, including the Thumpies Totem and the Thumpies Totem, Too. Some of the Thumpies in the game itself are also incorporated into the game My Singing Monsters and My Singing Monsters: Dawn of Fire. Within the My Singing Monsters franchise, Noobie and Furface had been used for the regular Thumpies, while Rawt and Recess have been used for the Rare Thumpies (MSM only).
(insert gameplay info.)
- NoObie is a corruption of Newbie. This may be because this is the "first" Thumpie.
- FurFacE is pretty self explanatory. A corruption of Fur Face. This may be because FurFacE is pretty much a ball of Fur.
- RawT is a corruption of Rawt. Because RawT seems to be a rotten or "zombie" version of a Thumpie.
- resees is a corruption of Recess. Probably because the Thumpie is just school supplies.
- TawooO may be a corruption of the onomatopoeia of an owl, "hoot". But it's backwards.
- FLipPy is a corruption of Flippy. This is probably because it looks like it is swapping moods.
- RhooTz is a corruption of Roots. This is because RhooTz is just grass and plant roots.
- MoSH comes from the term "moshing", to push or slam someone usually at live music.
- BoOoo is pretty self explanatory. A corruption of the interjection Boo.
- Gooie is from the onomatopoeia of a baby "goo goo ga ga".
- Chesch is a corruption of Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland.
- Anyanka is simply Anyanka, which was a popular name when this game was made. Or it could possibly be referring to Anya Jenkins.
- IZit is a corruption of "is it?". It looks like this Thumpie is shrugging.
- The Thumpies names and the song names given in the game have deliberate random capitalization (CamelCase). This may be to demonstrate how wildly active the Thumpies are.
- The Thumpies main menu music is the same as that of the mini-game of the MSM spin-off game My Mammott.
- In the game on the right side of the stage select screen, there are two unknown thumpies. One has a paper bag over his face. The other has flutes sticking out of it resembling Reedling.
- The Thumpie BooO's coloring seems to resemble Whisp, but that may be a coincidence.
- BooO's face also looks very similarly to Mount Knottshurr and to a lesser extent, Mountain Morsel,
- The Comph Thumpie looks simillar to Rare T-rox, due to its mouth. And color.
- TawooO looks simillar to Tweedle, but without wings
- FurFacE was the first ever thumpie made.
- Thumpies is not available for iOS 11 due to the fact that the game is 32-bit and iOS 11 no longer supports 32-bit apps.