|“||While it's no stranger to stringed instruments, the Shugabeats has always had a closer affinity to the rhythm selection. An accomplished gardener, it cultivates and sustains a living drumkit made of different types of mushrooms. When struck, the cymbal-shrooms release a fine amber powder, which is why so many Shugabeats' beards are tinted likewise.||”|
A member of the Shugafam, the Shugabeats is from the Legendary class of monsters, indicating that it has a notably strong connection with the humanverse and shares a bond with the Grammy Award-winning artist Kristian Bush of Sugarland.
The Shugabeats has a drum kit made up of a piece of a wooden tree trunk, mushrooms that come out of that tree trunk, and a few yellow mushrooms that have skinny stalks. The wooden tree trunk is the bass drum, the two mushrooms that grow on the tree trunk are the tom-toms of the drum kit, and the cymbal-shrooms are the cymbals.
When this monster is idle, it rocks left and right while holding its sticks away from its drums. Its visible foot doesn't mark the rhythm of the island's music, unlike the other members of the Shugafam.
This monster's contribution to an island's song is playing its drums.
The Shugabeats is only available for purchase or breeding on Shugabush Island.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in this article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster (if not using a Unity Tree), the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing two of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase happiness by 25%. Below are the things liked by Shugabeats:
- Travelers' Sign (requires level 7)
- Shugitar (level 9)
- Harpsitree (level 14)
- Ambered Thing (level 22)
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Some items to take into consideration when designing your island by strategy are number of beds for the monster, rate of income per bed, max income per bed, and time for max income to be reached. The income below is for level 15:
|Number of Beds||3|
|Rate of Income High||290|
|Rate of Income Low||145|
|Rate of Income per Bed High||96.7|
|Rate of Income per Bed Low||48.3|
|Max Income per Bed||15,047.7|
|Time to Max Income @ High||2:35:40 hours|
|Time to Max Income @ Low||5:11:20 hours|
- Shugabeats is part of a whole new family of monsters, the Shugafam, native to the Shugabush Island. This information was discovered via an in-game loading screen, before the island was officially revealed.
- On December 9th, 2013, Big Blue Bubble tweeted: "A certain Special Edition monster is arriving on Cold Island very soon… but what else is coming? Find out this week!"
- The Shugabeats is the only member of the Shugafam to have green eyes; the rest have blue.
- There is a glitch where growing Shugabeats by feeding it to a certain level causes its drum to escape the 2x2 square the Shugabeats actually occupies, allowing it to clash with nearby objects on the Island.
Rare Double Element
Rare Triple Element