"Most monsters would trade an arm and a leg for a chance to improve their performance skills... The Rare Whisp seems to have done the opposite and grown some! Or maybe a Whisps have limbs tucked under their flowing, dress-like bodies and only the rares choose to let it all hang out? Either way, these Rarethereals are convinced their elongated bodies give their singing range a boost... But in truth, their common cousins seem just as talented."
The Rare Whisp was released May 12th 2017 at 19:00 UTC, along with the opportunity to buy or breed all Rarethereals. The Rare Whisp costs 2000 diamonds.
The Rare Whisp is yellowish-brown in color with a tinge of green near the head. It has longer fanglike teeth, and its hair is black with the same style as a regular Whisp's. Rare Whisps have long arms and legs dangling down from under their dress like bodies. These limbs are similar to a Shrubb's in appearance, except more ghost-like, and have black stripes. The neck also has two stripes.
When idle, the Rare Whisp does exactly the same as the normal Whisp, except also swaying its visible limbs, as well as including a creepy expression and smiling at times.
The Rare Whisp Monster's contribution to the Island's song comes after each time the Grumpyre sings. It is a slow, but consistent, "Oh-way-oh-way... oh-way-ohh... oh-way-oh... ohh". It is the same as Whisp's.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in shards per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster (if not using a Unity Tree), the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing two of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase happiness by 25%. Below are the things liked by Rare Whisp:
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
- Rare Whisp is the last Rarethereal monster that was released.
- Rare Whisp never seems to close its mouth during its animation on Ethereal Island.
- A picture of a part of the Rare Whisp's body was posted in My Singing Monsters's Facebook page in May 10, 2017. link.
- Some elements of the Rare Whisp's body may be inspired by famous horror movies, mainly:
- A Nightmare on Elm Street - The black stripes are similar to the ones on the shirt of Freddy Krueger.
- Ring and its sequels - The Rare Whisp's hair is similar to Sadako Yamamura's, albeit shorter.
- The Exorcist - The Rare Whisp's short-termed creepy expression when it's idle.
Rare Double Element
Rare Triple Element