|“||Nobody likes watching someone let themselves go, but this is a regrettable inevitability for the Rare Punkleton. Lacking the hardiness of the Common's Smunkin-like head, it is doomed to decompose faster and turn into a sloppy mess. Donning a paper bag to limit the embarrassment, it's lucky that this ghoulish Rare Seasonal is only really active during a time of dress-up - it fits right in, and no one's the wiser!||”|
|~ In-game description|
The Rare Punkleton was the second Rare Seasonal Monster to be introduced to the game. It arrived on October 15th, 2016 during the Halloween celebration.
Unlike its common counterpart, the Punkleton, the Rare Punkleton has a paper bag covering its head because it is decomposing. Its rotting innards and seeds can be seen going up and down on its body. Its skeletal body is ghastly-green and and its toes and rib cage are dulled turquoise. Vines and leaves also cover its limbs, which appear faded and inside its rib cage is a noticeable pink heart. The Rare Punkleton shares the same animation as the regular Punkleton, though at times it breathes its rotting innards and seeds in and out.
The Rare Punkleton shares the same audio as its common counterpart, the Punkleton. It sings the following on each island:
- Plant Island/Mirror Plant Island- "Hooga, booga, hooga-booga!" with a slight echo that goes to the beat as the Rare Punkleton chants
- Gold Island - "Hooga, booga, hooga-booga!" without the echo
The Rare Punkleton's contribution to an island's song is an electronically-garbled vocal component that helps to set the tempo. It sways its hands in a way that is reminiscent of singer and songwriter Michael Jackson, in his music video, "Thriller."
The Rare Punkleton can only be bred for a limited time within the Halloween celebration; it is not available for the celebration's full duration. There is only one combination:
For 2017, the breeding availability periods were from:
- April 21st 19:00 UTC - April 24th 19:00 UTC
For 2016, the breeding availability periods were from:
- October 15th 16:00 UTC - October 16th 16:00 UTC
- October 22nd 19:00 UTC - October 23rd 19:00 UTC
- October 29th 19:00 UTC - November 1st 19:00 UTC
NOTE: The Rare Punkleton can only be bred or purchased during the dates listed above. Any Rare Punkleton on Plant Island and its Mirror Island that is obtained during the above times will stay unless it is sold.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned. The food per level is the same for all Rare Seasonal Monsters as well as Triple Element Monsters and it can also be found in this article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster (if not using a Unity Tree), the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing two of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase happiness by 25%. Below are the things liked by Rare Punkleton:
- Punkleton (requires level 9)
- Stritch Skin (level 6)
- Castanevine (level 18)
- Reflecting Pool (level 6)
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Some items to take into consideration when designing an island by strategy are the number of beds for the monster, the rate of income per bed, the max income per bed, and the time for max income to be reached. The income below is for level 15:
|Number of Beds||1|
|Rate of Income High||240|
|Rate of Income Low||120|
|Rate of Income per Bed High||240|
|Rate of Income per Bed Low||120|
|Max Income per Bed||28,080|
|Time to Max Income @ High||01:57:00|
|Time to Max Income @ Low||03:54:00|
NOTE: The time to max income is shown as (Hours : Minutes : Seconds).
Possible Monster Names
The following are the possible names that will be given to a Rare Punkleton by default.
The name is a portmanteau of "punkin" (which is itself a colloquialism for "pumpkin") and "skeleton." Thus, the correct pronunciation of "punkleton" is probably intended to be PUNK-leh-ton, rather than PUNK-ul-ton.
- The Rare Punkleton was the second Rare Seasonal monster to be introduced to the game and it appeared in the Market for twenty-four hours from October 15th, 2016 to October 16th, 2016.
- A teaser of the Rare Punkleton was seen on the start-up screen for the 2016 Halloween season.
- The Rare Punkleton's heart looks similar to the Schmoochle's egg.
- Some of its default names (Jason, Freddie, and Mike) are references to killers in popular horror movies (Jason Bane, Freddie Cruegur, and Micheal Meyers)
- It appears as though the Rare Punkleton wears a paper bag so as not to reveal its embarrassingly lightbulb-bright face, as well as the decaying material inside its head.
- Although their normal counterparts have different breeding times, the Rare Punkleton shares the same breeding time as the Rare Hoola.
- Even though Rare Punkleton always has its mask on, an image on the My Singing Monsters Twitter page shows him without it!
- The Rare Punkleton's mask apears to be inspired from a character in the game Thumpies, named Butter.
Rare Double Element
Rare Triple Element