|“||The rare fuchsia color phase of the Furcorn is truly a sight to behold. Like the more common green plant-cold hybrid, its silky pelt is cold to the touch, but not unpleasantly so - sort of like the cold side of a pillow! Unique to the rare Furcorn, however, is the exotic flower that tips its headstalk - its shape evokes a lovely little bow.||”|
The Rare Furcorn has the same build as the usual Furcorn, but there are a few differences. The most noticeable is that it is now bright pink. It has purple toenails, and is fluffier at the cheeks. Its eyes are tinged yellow orange. It also has fewer teeth, and a magenta and lavender spotted flower, that is shaped like a bow, instead of a leaf at the end of the twig on its head.
The Rare Furcorn's song is identical to the normal green version: a melodic falsetto warble. It sings a series of la's on each island.
The Rare Furcorn monster can only can be bred or purchased during certain weekend events introduced in version 1.3.0. Its parentage is the same as the regular Furcorn. The only combination is:
On Shugabush Island, the Rare Furcorn can be purchased with diamonds, bred with Shugabush and Furcorn, or teleported from any other island it is found on once it reaches level 15.
Note that even when a special breeding weekend is happening, it is possible to get either a regular or Rare Furcorn.
Any kind of breeding attempt which includes a regular Furcorn may fail, and give a Rare Furcorn as a result instead of the regular Furcorn. This includes all of the breeding combinations that can't ever work in the usual way.
The Rare version of any monster can be used for breeding instead of the common version.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned. The food per level is the same for all double element monsters and can be found in this article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster (if not using a Unity Tree), the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing two of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase happiness by 25%. Below are the things liked by Rare Furcorn:
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Some items to take into consideration when designing your island by strategy are number of beds for the monster, rate of income per bed, max income per bed, and time for max income to be reached. The income below is for level 15:
|Number of Beds||2|
|Rate of Income High||150|
|Rate of Income Low||75|
|Rate of Income per Bed High||75|
|Rate of Income per Bed Low||37.5|
|Max Income per Bed||1,687.5|
|Time to Max Income @ High||22:30 minutes|
|Time to Max Income @ Low||45:00 minutes|
On the occasion of Halloween 2014, most people expected the Rare Furcorn to dress up as a ghost, because its counterpart the normal Furcorn does. However, it surprised everyone by donning a "Jason" mask from the Friday the 13th movies. The mask obscures its face, so you can't tell if it is singing or not by looking at it.
In 2015, it wore another mask resembling Hannibal Lecter's mask from The Silence of the Lambs.
In October 17th 2016, the original "Jason" mask costume returns. The only differences with this year's is that the Rare Furcorn's bow turns blue and the mask patterns turn blue, matching that of the actual Jason mask.
In the season of Christmas 2014, Rare Furcorns put on red and white socks like their non-rare counterpart, and their bows turned red, but without any polka dots.
The name "Furcorn" appears to be a combination of "furry" and "acorn," which is appropriate since it is a tiny, furry plant creature.
- Rare Furcorns were the first Rare Monsters to be available in the game.
- The egg and the sound of this monster are still the same as those of a Furcorn. This is because the creators planned to have something like "The Ugly Duckling", where there was one baby swan among all the usual baby ducks.
- One person asked about this egg issue and My Singing Monsters replied, "Hi there! There is no error - the eggs of Rare Monsters are designed to be the same as their Common counterparts. It's sort of like how the Ugly Duckling's egg looked like the duck eggs... until it hatched. Players will have to pay special attention to breeding and incubation times so that they know when a Rare is on its way!", meaning that the egg was meant to be the same as for a common Furcorn.
- They were the first Rare monster to have a costume.
- One of the default names for the Rare Furcorn is "Glittza", which appears to be a stylization of the word "Glitz", meaning "attractive in a showy and often superficial way". See also Monster Names for a list of other names.
- Rare Furcorns were re-offered on 17th January 2015, selected by a vote on the game's Facebook page.
- All Rare Furcorn Halloween dresses are reference to horror movies.
- Rare Furcorn is one of the last monsters to be available in the StarShop as part of a Rares Duet. The other is Rare Scups.
Rare Double Element
Rare Triple Element