|Exclusive to My Singing Monsters: Dawn of Fire|
The following article includes content exclusive to the game My Singing Monsters: Dawn of Fire.
|“||From abyssal depths emerges the astounding Phangler. Sporting its own photophore light show and kelp-ribbon mic, this whiz kid is destined for stardom. It'll just have to learn to keep those groupers at bay!||”|
|“||Child prodigies sometimes have a hard time growing up, but not for the Phangler! Its fins have developed into sturdy legs, photophores into a bioluminescent light show, and it's sprouted an additional mic for a much wider vocal range. Rock on!||”|
The Phangler resembles an anglerfish with what appears to be a vintage microphone head for a lure that emits bluish-green light. The Phangler itself has a dark seafoam color throughout its entire body with green areas highlighting the spine, tail, lips, and fins. It also has magenta coloring on its belly and tips of its spine. It has a dark purple tongue and its eyes are yellow with green irises.Upclose on its lip is a small tooth sticking out of the upper lip.
As an adult, its fins turn into feet, it develops a second microphone lure, and its magenta color on its belly and tips of its spine turns an orange color. It also develops a small beard-like appendage on its chin.
On Cloud Island,developing its second microphone seems to make its voice more echoey. According to the official soundtrack, Phangler sings "Na na na no, na na na no, na na na nooo." except at the point between the 1st and 2nd na, the same sound is copied.
A Phangler can be bred with a combination of Water and Fire. Possible combinations include:
Phangler can be teleported to Cloud Island at level 15 for a reward of 4 diamonds. Teleport time for Phangler is 10 hours.
The name Phangler is a portmanteau on the words Microphone and Anglerfish. It might also come from the word "dangle" which is what its microphones do.
- Main article: Special Occasions/DoF
ChristmasThe Phangler's microphone lure becomes a sprig of holly.
- Despite Phangler being based on a female anglerfish, it has a male voice.
- One of the Phangler's default names is "Ottotuna". This is a reference to autotune, which its voice sounds like, also the name Otto, and tuna, a kind of fish.
- Otto is the name of a goldfish from a children's book called "Fish Out of Water," who was overfed and turned into a giant.
- In the code, Phangler is simply called "Angler."
- Its unknown how it can be heard during the Christmas season, as its mistletoe decoration replaces its microphone.
|Monsters (Dawn of Fire)|