|“||The chimeric Fung Pray strives to achieve complete balance in all aspects of life, according to transcendental teachings passed down from generation to generation. Even though tranquility and precision are held in highest esteem, the occasional burst of unbridled exuberance is permitted. Bystanders can identify such a display by the appearance of glowing gills under the Fung Pray’s headcap.||”|
The Fung Pray resembles a praying mantis except with a dark tan body and bright pink lips and fur around its neck. It has a mushroom cap on top of its head which occasionally glows bright green underneath as its plays, representing its element of Crystal. The Fung Pray sits atop a pod of leaves, and appears to have no legs like the Jeeode, and a face like the Humbug. Its bright red cap with white spots resembles that of the somewhat-poisonous Amanita muscaria mushroom (also known as "fly agaric" or "fly amanita").
When idle, the Fung Pray rocks back and forth constantly with its mantis arms facing downwards.
The Fung Pray uses its thin, stick-like arms to produce an erhu-like sound, similar to the Bowgart, but at a much higher pitch. It plays a series of long, drawn-out notes, followed by several quicker, shorter notes.
The Fung Pray can be bred using a combination of two pure element Ethereal Monsters. Possible combination(s):
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in shards per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute. The food per level is the same for all Ethereal monsters of the same element count and can be found in this article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster (if not using a Unity Tree), the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing two of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase happiness by 25%. Below are the things liked by Fung Pray:
- Bellowfish (requires level 9)
- Directions to Nowhere (level 9)
- Bottomless Pit (level 18)
- Cozee Cabin (level 19)
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Some items to take into consideration when designing your island by strategy are the number of beds for the monster, the rate of income per bed, max income per bed, and time for max income to be reached.
|Number of Beds||10|
|Rate of Income High||72|
|Rate of Income Low||3|
|Rate of Income per Bed High||7.2|
|Rate of Income per Bed Low||.3|
|Max Income per Bed||36|
|Time to Max Income @ High||5 hours|
|Time to Max Income @ Low||10 hours|
Fung Pray's name is a double pun on feng shui, "a Chinese philosophical system of harmonizing everyone with the surrounding environment," based on the monster's hybrid body which is part fungus (mushroom) and part praying mantis.
- Fung Pray was added and identified as "the last ethereal hybrid" on August 14, 2014.
- Information about the Fung Pray was accidentally revealed by August 7, 2014 on the Big Fish Website, but this was corrected a few hours later.
- The Fung Pray is one of two monsters in the game that have a two-word name, the other being the Toe Jammer. Although, T-Rox has two words separated by a hyphen. However, including My Singing Monsters Dawn Of Fire there also is the Flum Ox.
- Fung Pray is the first ethereal hybrid to have a rare counterpart.
- Fung Pray was teased in a facebook banner of Summer Earth Island. Other two element Ethereals were teased in this manner.
Rare Double Element
Rare Triple Element