Experience (also called experience points or XP) is the means by which players gain levels, and in doing so gain access to new Islands, Monsters, Structures and Decorations in the Market, or to better prizes in Scratch Tickets. Experience is represented in the game by lime green text and/or the symbol . To see how much experience you have collected and how much experience you need in your current level, press the level progress bar and wait a while.
Beginning with Version 1.3.3, "monikers" are nicknames assigned to each level between level 30 to level 60.
The amount of experience required to reach each level, and the level's moniker, are shown in the following table.
|11||40,000||-||31||30,000,000||Bubblerite Mason||51||202,000,000||Melodious Mentor|
|12||75,000||-||32||33,000,000||The Great Smunkin||52||222,000,000||Thing Flinger|
|14||300,000||-||34||40,000,000||Razzli Dazzler||54||269,000,000||Crumpling Tamer|
|16||1,200,000||-||36||48,000,000||Harmonious Hummer||56||325,000,000||High-Caliber Handler|
|17||2,000,000||-||37||53,000,000||Tub Lubber||57||358,000,000||Visionary Virtuoso|
|18||4,000,000||-||38||58,000,000||Stritch Tickler||58||393,000,000||Crystal Conduit|
|19||6,000,000||-||39||64,000,000||Beeyootiful Bandmate||59||433,000,000||Multiversal Master|
|20||8,000,000||-||40||71,000,000||Seasonal Scholar||60||476,000,000||Colossal Communer|
Getting from level one to level thirty thus requires a total of 212,403,300 experience points. Once you reach level 60, you continue in the game at "Maximum (Max) Level" regardless of any further experience.
Experience points may be earned by:
- Placing new Monsters, Structures or Decorations on an island.
- Upgrading a Castle or Bakery.
- Collecting baked Treats.
- Removing Obstacles.
- Completing certain Goals.
Harder-to-get things, more expensive items, and monsters with more elements give you more experience points. Often, it is easier to gain a large amount of Experience through the production of food, esp. cakes.
Perhaps oddly, purchasing new Islands does not give experience points.
- If you have earned any experience points before the day that the Version 1.3.3 update, none of those experience points from before would've been accumulated.
- The iconic Furcorn was removed on the 1.3.3 update.
- The leveling up animation is different in the 1.3.6 update. It is more visually friendly, showing all monsters and decorations unlocked in the new level. Animated poofs appear in sequence to each unlocked object. Any monsters unlocked will make them sing/play their Memory Game part.