"If Ethereal Island seems otherworldly to you, you're spot on. Located in a pocket dimension of the multiverse, it is home to monsters unlike any that have been seen or heard before. Oozing with mysterious substances and orbited by objects of ominous origin, you won't be able to resist the sublime wonder of its song!"
Ethereal Island is available at level 4 for free, after purchasing Cold Island.
Ethereal Island is also accessible at level 10 without any purchase in the Apple, Android and PC versions of the game.
Ethereal Island can hold the Ethereal Monsters from other islands after being Teleported, once fed to level 15. Teleporting will reset their levels back to one, and turn the monsters into eggs again. Teleportation is currently impossible to reverse, so the monsters will stay permanently on Ethereal Island.
This is the only island that allows Ethereal Monsters to breed.
|Monster||Level Available||Breeding Time||Element(s)|
|Nebulob||9||42 hours||Plasma, Mech|
|Arackulele||9||42 hours||Shadow, Mech|
|Whisp||9||42 hours||Plasma, Shadow|
|Sox||9||42 hours||Plasma, Crystal|
|Kazilleon||9||42 hours||Shadow, Poison|
|Bellowfish||9||42 hours||Mech, Crystal|
|Dragong||9||42 hours||Mech, Poison|
|Jellbilly||9||42 hours||Plasma, Poison|
|Fung Pray||9||42 hours||Crystal, Poison|
Since Ethereal Island lacks the Plant, Cold, Air, Water, Earth, and Legendary elements, no monsters with these elements can live here.
Rocks and Trees
Main Article: Obstacles
Removing the rocks and trees from the island earns you Experience and opens up space to place more Monsters, Decorations, or Structures. Removed obstacles are gone permanently, there is no way to get them back.
The music of Ethereal Island is not currently available for purchase.
Main Article: Castle
Upgrade the Castle to unlock more beds. The Ethereal Island castle and its upgrades hold a great deal more beds to account for the greater number of beds occupied by a single Ethereal Monster.
Cost of each upgrade: Ethereal Island
While the song of the island is crucial, users may also want to use some of these numbers to help with planning which monsters to feed first and make 100% happy first, as well as plan frequency of shard collection. The numbers below are as follows:
|Rate||Rate of income at level 15 and at 100% happy|
|Max||Maximum income at level 15|
|Time||Time to maximum income at level 15 and at 100% happy|
It should be noted that Rate is half for 0% happy, and Time is doubled for 0% happy. Rate is also shards per hour instead of per minute.
|Fung Pray||72||360||0:05:00 hours||10||7.2||36.0|
- For optimal shard collection, the Reebro, Jeeode, and Humbug are clearly the best for both holding capacity and generation rate. The following are their requirements for 100% Monster Likes:
- Given the paradise castle with 400 beds:
- The maximum possible shard-holding capacity (i.e. for uncollected shards) is 24,000.
- The maximum shard-generation rate is:
- 3,840 shards per hour
- 92,160 shards per day (3 diamonds per day, after conversion)
- 645,120 shards per week (21.5 diamonds per week, after conversion)
- 642,696 shards will feed a monster on the Tribal Island to level 123, making that the maximum sustainable level by shard feeding.
- My Singing Monsters celebrated their first anniversary with the debut of Ethereal Island, with update 1.2.0, released on September 4th, 2013.
- The Ethereal Island is the only island whose Market does not offer every monster that can live on it. Only hybrid monsters may be purchased there.
- So far, there are no three element ethereal monsters.
- BBB has said on Twitter that there are still plans for an Ethereal Island remix
|Plant Island||Cold Island||Air Island|
|Water Island||Earth Island||Gold Island|
|Ethereal Island||Shugabush Island||Tribal Island|