|“||If Ethereal Island seems otherworldly to you, you're spot on. Located in a pocket dimension of the multiverse, it is home to monsters unlike any that have been seen or heard before. Oozing with mysterious substances and orbited by objects of ominous origin, you won't be able to resist the sublime wonder of its song!||”|
Ethereal Island is also accessible at level 10 without any purchase in the Apple, Android, and PC versions of the game.
Ethereal Island can hold the Single Element Ethereal Monsters found on the Natural Islands after they are fed to level 15 and Teleported. Teleporting will reset their levels back to one on Ethereal Island, and turn the monsters into eggs again. Teleportation is currently impossible to reverse, so the monsters will stay permanently on Ethereal Island.
This is the only island that allows Ethereal Monsters to breed.
The StarShop is inaccessible on Ethereal Island.
The list of indigenous monsters is below with each monster's class indicated in parenthesis
|Monster||Level Available||Breeding Time (Default)||Element(s)|
|Ghazt||9||10 hours||Plasma (Ethereal)|
|Grumpyre||9||10 hours||Shadow (Ethereal)|
|Reebro||9||10 hours||Mech (Ethereal)|
|Jeeode||9||10 hours||Crystal (Ethereal)|
|Humbug||9||10 hours||Poison (Ethereal)|
|Whisp||9||1 day, 18 hours||(Ethereal)|
|Nebulob||9||1 day, 18 hours||(Ethereal)|
|Arackulele||9||1 day, 18 hours||(Ethereal)|
|Sox||9||1 day, 18 hours||(Ethereal)|
|Boodoo||9||1 day, 18 hours||(Ethereal)|
|Bellowfish||9||1 day, 18 hours||(Ethereal)|
|Jellbilly||9||1 day, 18 hours||(Ethereal)|
|Kazilleon||9||1 day, 18 hours||(Ethereal)|
|Dragong||9||1 day, 18 hours||(Ethereal)|
|Fung Pray||9||1 day, 18 hours||(Ethereal)|
|Wubbox||20||2 days||Electricity (Supernatural)|
|Rare Ghazt||9||1 day, 21 hours, 30 minutes||Plasma (Rare)|
|Rare Grumpyre||9||1 day, 21 hours, 30 minutes||Shadow (Rare)|
|Rare Reebro||9||1 day, 21 hours, 30 minutes||Mech (Rare)|
|Rare Jeeode||9||1 day, 21 hours, 30 minutes||Crystal (Rare)|
|Rare Humbug||9||1 day, 21 hours, 30 minutes||Poison (Rare)|
|Rare Bellowfish||9||2 days, 4 hours, 30 minutes||(Rare)|
|Rare Kazilleon||9||Shadow & Poison (Rare)|
|Rare Dragong||9||2 days, 5 hours||(Rare)|
|Rare Fung Pray||9||2 days, 5 hours||(Rare)|
Since Ethereal Island lacks the Natural Elements of Earth, Cold, Water, Plant, and Air as well as the Legendary Element and Seasonal Elements, no monsters with those elements can live on Ethereal Island.
Rocks and Trees
Main Article: Obstacles
Removing the rocks and trees from the island earns the player Experience and it opens up space to place more Monsters, Decorations, or Structures. Removed obstacles are not gone permanently; they can be bought back with Diamonds under the decorations section in the Market.
In Ethereal Island, the main difference in breeding mechanics between this island and the Natural Islands is that Ethereal Monsters can now breed with each other, including those with Rare Monster modifiers.
Ethereal Monsters can breed with each other, however, unlike Natural Monsters, breeding using Ethereal Monsters regardless of combination can potentially gain "breeding failures." Thus, for example, Ghazt (Plasma) + Grumpyre (Shadow) will not guarantee a Whisp (Plasma + Shadow) and could still potentially breed either of the two parents.
All Single-Element Ethereal Monsters cannot be bought directly from Ethereal Island; they must be teleported to Ethereal Island in order to "live" in Ethereal Island.
Breeding combinations for all monsters exclusive to Ethereal Island are listed below, provided that the breeding is successful:
- Ghazt + Grumpyre = Whisp
- Ghazt + Reebro = Nebulob
- Ghazt + Jeeode = Sox
- Ghazt + Humbug = Jellbilly
- Grumpyre + Reebro = Arackulele
- Grumpyre + Jeeode = Boodoo
- Grumpyre + Humbug = Kazilleon
- Reebro + Jeeode = Bellowfish
- Reebro + Humbug = Dragong
- Jeeode + Humbug = Fung Pray
Main Article: Special Occasions
Some monsters dress up for the Halloween and Christmas seasons, however Ethereal Island does not change during those times.
The seasonal changes observed in the Ethereal Island monsters are below. NOTE: This list includes ONLY indigenous monsters. To see the seasonal changes in monsters that are not native to Ethereal Island, check out their Island's page, or see the full comprehensive list: Special Occasions.
|Monster||Event Description||Event Appearance|
|Grumpyre||In December 2015, the Grumpyre was feeling the Christmas spirit and wore a wreath around its head, complete with a red bow.|
|Reebro||In October 2015, the Reebro dressed up as a punk rocker, having the stereotypical punk mohawk, lower-lip piercings, and various tattoos places around its feet and body. Its tube-like legs became black and red and there were also triangular green flags at the end of its exhaust pipes.|
|Whisp||In October 2015, the Whisp dressed up as a black cat for Halloween. Meow! This outfit was repeated for the 2016 season on October 21st of that year.|
2015 - 2016
The music of Ethereal Island is not currently available for purchase as a separate single. It is, however, available to be bought in the My Singing Monsters Soundtrack album, of which is available for purchase as a single.
Main Article: Castle
To be placed on an island, each monster requires a specific number of beds. For Ethereal Monsters, Single Element Ethereal Monsters require five beds while Double Element Ethereal Monsters require ten beds. The sole Supernatural Monster on Ethereal Island, the Wubbox, requires five beds. The Ethereal Island castle and its upgrades hold many more beds to account for the greater number of beds occupied by a single Ethereal Monster. Upgrade the Castle to unlock more beds.
Cost of each upgrade: Castle: Ethereal Island
While the song of the island is crucial, users may also want to use some of these numbers to help with planning which monsters to feed first and make 100% happy first, as well as plan frequency of shard collection. The numbers below are as follows:
|Rate||Rate of income at level 15 and at 100% happy|
|Max||Maximum income at level 15|
|Time||Time to maximum income at level 15 and at 100% happy
(shown as Hours : Minutes : Seconds)
It should be noted that Rate is half for 0% happy, and Time is doubled for 0% happy.
|Rare Fung Pray||90||450||05:00:00||10||9||50|
- For optimal shard collection, the Rare Reebro, Rare Jeeode, and Rare Humbug are clearly the best for both holding capacity and generation rate. The following are their requirements for 100% Monster Likes:
- Given the paradise castle with 400 beds:
- The maximum possible shard-holding capacity (i.e. for uncollected shards) is 30,000 .
- The maximum shard-generation rate is:
- 4,800 per hour
- 115,200 per day (3.84 per day, after conversion)
- 806,400 per week (26.88 per week, after conversion)
- 792,484 will feed a monster on Tribal Island to level 132, making that the maximum sustainable level by shard feeding.
- As the rare versions are harder to obtain than the normal monsters and most players will likely have more regular monsters than rare, the shard collection for the Reebro, Jeeode, and Humbug are shown below. The following are their requirements for 100% Monster Likes:
- Given the paradise castle with 400 beds:
- The maximum possible shard-holding capacity (i.e. for uncollected shards) is 24,000 .
- The maximum shard-generation rate is:
- My Singing Monsters celebrated their first anniversary with the debut of Ethereal Island, with Version 1.2.0 Update, released on September 4th, 2013.
- Ethereal Island is the only island whose Market does not offer every monster that can live on it. Only Double-Element Ethereal Monsters may be purchased there.
- So far, there are no Ethereal Monsters that have more than two elements.
- BBB has said on Twitter that there are still plans for an Ethereal Island remix. But The Ethereal Island Remix was released in the My Singing Monsters Soundtrack.
|Plant Island||Cold Island||Air Island||Water Island||Earth Island|
|Gold Island||Ethereal Island||Shugabush Island||Tribal Island||Wublin Island|
|Mirror Islands||Composer Island|
This category has only the following subcategory.
- [+] Breeding (2 C, 7 F)
Pages in category "Ethereal Island"
The following 32 pages are in this category, out of 32 total.