"The Deedge, attuned to the beat of the Earth, pulls together multiple elements to produce a complex beat. A tireless, energetic performer, it keeps all the monsters dancing."
The Deedge is a perpetually blue and seemingly gloomy monster with puffy, purple fingers and an almost constantly nodding head with a speaker affixed to it. Deedges "[keep] all the monsters dancing'" by playing the ice blocks like they're a soundboard, like a DJ, hence the name "Deedge." During the times when the Deedge is idle, it will occasionally touch its headphones.
The Deedge Monster's contribution to an island's song is heavily rhythmic, similar in sound to the electronic beats of a DJ. Using an anatomically built-in amplification system, it strikes a series of ice blocks to produce its beats. On Gold Island, the Deedge's song consists of a melodic series of electronic tones.
The following pairs of 2-element monsters can be used to breed a Deedge:
However, the combination of a 3-element with 1-element monster has a higher rate of success:
On Shugabush Island, the Deedge must either be purchased with diamonds or teleported from Cold Island (not Gold Island) once it reaches level 15.
Earning rate is in coins per minute.
|Level||0% Happiness||25% Happiness||50% Happiness||75% Happiness||100% Happiness|
Each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute. The food per level is the same for all four element monsters and can be found in this article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25% (in other words, placing two of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase happiness by 25%).
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Some items to take into consideration when designing your island by strategy are number of beds for the monster, rate of income per bed, max income per bed, and time for max income to be reached. The income below is for level 15:
|Number of Beds||4|
|Rate of Income High||240|
|Rate of Income Low||120|
|Rate of Income per Bed High||60|
|Rate of Income per Bed Low||30|
|Max Income per Bed||51,840|
|Time to Max Income @ High||14:24 hours|
|Time to Max Income @ Low||28:48 hours|
The name "Deedge" is probably a portmanteau of "DJ" and "Fridge".
Main Article: Rare Monsters
Rares are special versions of monsters that are only available to buy and breed on weekends. Each weekend a different rare is available to buy or breed. The breeding combination is the same as a regular monster, but the breeding time is longer, the "likes" are different, and the earning rates are higher. They are not yet available in the Windows version of the game.
Find out more about the rare version of the Deedge on the Rare Deedge page.
- The Deedge was originally called a "Chillex", which probably combines the words "chill" and "Skrillex".
- Deedge's speakers appear to be mini-fridges.
- The Deedge is the only Quad Element Monster available in more than one island (not including Gold Island).
- Apparently, Deedge earwax can be used to dye things blue. This is taken from the description of the Blue Bubblerite Path, and is also mentioned in the description of the Shugavox.
- In the My Mammott trailer, Deedge's song can be heard. This is the same with Quibble.
- The Deedge is the only monster that can be spelled with only the musical alphabet (from A to G).
- On March 26th, 2015, when playing its ice blocks on Shugabush Island, the Deedge's hands turned blue at approximately where the wrist would be. Additionally, the fingernails became golden. This "effect" lasted only about a day, and was probably a glitch related to the release of the Rare Deedge on March 27th.
Main Article: Special Occasions
During the Christmas season of December, all Deedge (on all the islands) wear brown hats over the boomer on the top of their heads, wear a red shirt with yellow strips on the sleeves and their boom-boxes have a Christmas Tree decoration as part of the Cold Island Christmas celebration.
|Monsters | Quad Element Monsters|
|Single | Double | Triple | Quad | Ethereal | Legendary | Supernatural | Seasonal | Mythical | Rares|
|Breeding | Eggs | Feeding | Likes|