|“||So that's what happens to the shells when Monsters hatch! Congles are great recyclers, and use a lot of drums. Eggshells can only stand so much pounding, after all.||”|
The Congle is an orange furry monster with stalk eyes that are similar to those of a snail or crab. It sits down and plays a drum that appears to be its own eggshell. It has two-toed, bird like feet with tiny talons and no visible nose. It has three-fingered hands with fingernails, which the orange fur does not cover. On top of its stalk like eyes there are orange furry tufts. If you look closely at its conga drum, you can see small flecks of rainbow-colored paint.
When this monster is idle, it stays in tempo by nodding its head side to side similar to the Deedge, though the Deedge nods forward and back in a faster pace. The Congle's hands are firmly positioned on its conga drum, ready to play.
The Congle's contribution to an island's song is a conga drum sound. Turning the discarded eggshells of other monsters into a membranophone instrument, the Congle strikes the surface of its drum with the palms of its three-fingered hands.
On Tribal Island, the Congle sings, "Come on let's go!"' with the PomPom in addition to beating its drum.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in this article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster (if not using a Unity Tree), the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing two of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase happiness by 25%. Below are the things liked by Congle:
- T-Rox (requires level 4)
- Potbelly (level 9)
- Fossil-osaurus (level 17)
- Guitree (level 16)
- Meldablend (level 5)
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Wublin Egg Consumption
While trying to breed other monsters (particularly monsters with a very low chance of breeding), the following Wublins can be used to "dispose of" Congle eggs immediately instead of putting them into a Nursery and having that Nursery not be available.
|Monster Egg||Wublin 1||Wublin 2||Wublin 3|
|8 eggs||4 eggs||1 egg|
Note that bred monster eggs can only be "disposed of" into inactive Wublin statues; active Wublins do not accept monster eggs. Also note that inactive Wublin statues to which you have already disposed the number of Congle eggs that Wublin accepts, will no longer be available as a "recycle bin" for such eggs.
Some items to take into consideration when designing your island by strategy are number of beds for the monster, rate of income per bed, max income per bed, and time for max income to be reached. The income below is for level 15:
|Number of Beds||3|
|Rate of Income High||144|
|Rate of Income Low||72|
|Rate of Income per Bed High||48|
|Rate of Income per Bed Low||24|
|Max Income per Bed||14,400|
|Time to Max Income @ High||5 hours|
|Time to Max Income @ Low||10 hours|
The Congle's name is a reference to the instrument called a conga, which has the same sound as the Congle's membranophone.
Main Article: Rare Monsters
Rares are special versions of monsters that are only available to buy and breed on weekends. Each weekend a different rare is available to buy or breed. The breeding combination is the same as a regular monster, but the breeding time is longer, the "likes" are different, and the earning rates are higher. They are not yet available in the Windows version of the game.
Find out more about the rare version of the Congle on the Rare Congle page.
- Main article: Special Occasions
On December 2nd 2016, the Congle put on some peppermint strands that led up to its eyes and added some colorful bands to its hands and arms. Its drum also changed its color to red and green and a white snow flake was added to the top of the drum.
- The Congle was the second monster developed for the game, the first being the Scups.
- The Congle was originally imagined as being green. 
- The Congle has the highest maximum income value of the three-element natural monsters; this may be because the elements which it possesses are the top 3 highest-income natural single-elemented monsters.
- A Congle's sound can barely be heard if it's placed near a variety of different monsters, because conga drums weren't meant to be highly-ranged instruments. On Cold Island, the Congle can barely be heard anyhow.
- The Congle is the third monster to both sing and play an instrument, the first being the Shugabush and the second being the Yool.
- On Tribal Island, the Congle says "C'mon, c'mon let's go!" which is the same as the PomPom. (aside from the drums.)
- The Congle has a random name "Xander" that also the Ghazt has.
- It also has a random name "Enola" which the Pango also has.
- When he sings on Tribal Island, he has somewhat of a British accent.
- Congle can be fully seen in some Facebook and Twitter posts.
- It is the most highly anticipated monster for DOF.
Rare Double Element
Rare Triple Element